April 24, 2009

happy birthday


Yep, it's another birthday card - you know why? It's my birthday! Woo hoo! So why such a masculine looking card for MY birthday? That's just where the mojo took me this morning. My dad's birthday is coming up, so I'll give this one to him. I used Taylor's TECC65 for this card today, but left off the scallops. This little cuppie stamp is one of my favorite images from Sweet Celebration - I just love the look on that little cuppie on the bottom and the joy expressed in the one up top. Too cute!

Today Sarah-Jane Kale' and Beckie Carlson are celebrating their birthday too! I love sharing my birthday with such wonderful stamping friends!

Have a fantastic day - I'm off to tidy up before my big night out with my wonderful hubby.

Karen


recipe -
stamps: sweet celebration (taylored expressions)
ink: memento tuxedo black, copic markers
paper: bashful blue, bravo burgundy, choice buttercream (taylored expressions) cardstock, four seasons dsp
accessories: ice rhinestone brads, 5/16" brads, stampin' dimensionals.

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You!!

    No matter how masculine the card looks because the cupcakes make it sweet anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday I see you've started it off well with a bit of creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have the best day ever - you deserve it for all the wonderful inspiration you share with us!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card!! I don't think it is too masculine, I just love the colours and the layout!

    Lesley :)

    PS Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Karen!! Your card is so cute - I hope you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D


    Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Karen! I also want to say that I stop by often but don't always comment. You are amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you had a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. I hope your day is all you wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a very happy birthday - I hope you're celebrating in a very big way on your special day:)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY HAPPY Birthday,my lovely stampin' friend. Hope your day was wonderful and your night out was extra special.

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! I was so excited when I checked your Blog today and saw that you made me a card! It is my birthday today too! Happy Birthday to us. So fun!!
    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Karen! I wish it was MY birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday (one day late)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Karen! I hope you get to celebrate all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy B-lated Birthday, Karen! Isn't great when you birthday falls on a weekend? (Fridays count!) Hope you enjoyed your evening with hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off let me wish you a Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you have a very nice day and I'm happy for you! Secondly, I can't believe that I had not yet subscribed to your blog, so I just did. Now I won't miss a thing! hehehe Oh ya ... love your new badge! *wink* Now, I'm off to get started on the challenge ... absolutely love, love this card, what else can I say ... just perfect as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had NO IDEA it was your birthday last week, girlfriend! So sorry I missed it. Hoping your day was super special!

    ReplyDelete