April 8, 2009

bringin' back cool caribbean, baby!


Kelly Jo emailed me and told me she was starting up a new color challenge and I just had to swing on over to her blog and check it out. I was blown away by the colors - they are stunning together! I used Whisper White, Cool Caribbean (yes, I have a TON of this paper left), and Certainly Celery. Aren't they gorgeous? I was having trouble finding my mojo, so I hopped over to Clean & Simple Stamping and found this card and I was inspired. To create the look of patterned paper, I stamped Pretty Petals in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I really like the look it created against the Cool Caribbean - I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks Kelly Jo for a great challenge today.


Thanks for swinging by!
Karen



recipe -
stamps: on your birthday, pretty petals
ink: versamark, cool caribbean
paper: cool caribbean, certainly celery, stampers select white (papertrey, ink)
accessories: certainly celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, white embossing powder

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love that color combination (I SO miss Cool Caribbean!). Such a fresh looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH thank you for the great inspiration! I have 2 packs of CC plus ink and reinker!! I loved that colour and it looks great with certainly celery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love that background stamp :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card! Matter of fact, I love your style and have used so many of your cards as inspiration for my own work!! Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love the color combo! I have a secret stash of Cool Caribbean too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful!! Wish that blue was still available!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, Karen! I love the color combo too and it looks like your mojo returned pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bring it on! I love Cool Caribbean!!....and I still have alot too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is great! I agree, CAS has helped me out of a lot of slumps!

    Thanks so much for playing along- I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love CC and luckily I still have some I
    m hoarding!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! This is totally gorgeous............oh boy oh boy! I have some cool caribbean left too................yippeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy ... here you go again with a simply spectacular card. I love the simplicity and elegance! You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete