April 23, 2009

birthday wishes


Happy Thursday! One day closer to Friday - sweet! You are not going to believe how long it took me to make this card... yes, it took me about 4 hours!! "Why", you ask? Well, see I got some new goodies and I *needed* to use them in this one card for some reason. I worked with them, tweaked the card here and there, stamped and cut out the butterfly in about 5 different colors... sigh. I do not like mojo days like that. I made it SO difficult! I love the result though, especially the stamped background, but my desk is a disaster and I need to clean it up so my mojo will come back.
Here are some of my new things I used in this card. Of course the butterfly is from that delightful Basic Grey set, Butterfly Bitsy stamps (I think this may have been retired because I've looked for it online and it is nowhere to be seen), I have some new Spellbinders - Curved Rectangles Mega Nestabilities and 5-1/2" Victorian Border Piercerabilities. SO much fun!

Thanks for stopping by today - see you back soon!
Karen


recipe -
stamps: butterfly (basicgrey), sincere salutations
ink: blue bayou, groovy guava
paper: soft sky, blue bayou, whisper white cardstock, blue bayou prints dsp
accessories: curved rectangles nestabilities & victorian border piercerabilities (spellbinders), 5/16" brads

7 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Karen. I think your end results were worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the cards :)

    I can totally relate to having it take 4 hours to complete a card. I love the results as well- it's just lovely! I think this is another set of nesties that I *need*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so worth the tweaking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate creative slumps like that too where nothing seems to work, but you ended up with a fabulous card for all of your efforts! I too love that stamped b/g - it's quite pretty! Here's to more mojo! ;)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's GORGEOUS!! Love the colors and that stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we just need to play a bit before we are happy. I only mind that when I have a deadline to meet. Otherwise, I just enjoy the process. The interesting thing is that on another day, some of those things you discarded would have fit your mood just right. I love the end results you came up with.

    ReplyDelete