April 6, 2009

bloomin' button


Well, I've discovered a new (well, new for me) sketch challenge offered every week over at Amy Rysavy's blog and I'm addicted, yet again! This week's sketch is so unique and I had to jump in. I used the Mother's Day Key Ingredients kit for this card - Yummo! I added the big brown button and the rub-on sentiment. For the flower, I covered a chipboard flower in Prism Island Mist Light cardstock and then embossed it with white embossing powder after stamping it in Versamark ink with my Polka Dot background. I love the way the white polka dots bring out the blue polka dots in the patterned paper. To finish up the sketch, I added 3 Kaisercraft clear rhinestones in the corner.

I hope you are having a great Monday - see you soon!
Karen



recipe -
stamps: polka dot background
ink: versamark
paper: mother's day key ingredients
accessories: kaisercraft clear rhinestones, pink grosgrain ribbon, buttons, white embossing powder, square nestabilities (spellbinders), scallop edge punch, card sayings rub-ons (making memories), stampin' dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. GREAT job with Amy's sketch and way to show off those pretty KI papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love the colors and that big flower in the middle is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card - love the big flower.

    ReplyDelete