April 12, 2009

sweet sunday sketch challenge #13


Good morning - It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use Mr. Linky down at the end of my post to enter your card. On Thursday at 2 PM (Mountain Time), I'll randomly select one card to feature on my blog. So, as long as your card is linked in the Mr. Linky box by 2 PM Thursday, your card will be in the drawing. Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC13 if you plan to post your card at SplitcoastStampers.

Today I wanted to use Cheep Talk - seems like I haven't used this set in quite a while. The colors are from this week's color challenge over at SplitcoastStampers (so saffron, bashful blue, so saffron) and they work perfectly for a spring birthday card with the little birds. Nice! Is it weird the bird has blue legs? I needed to fill some empty space on the main image panel, so I used my flower trio punch and 1/4" circle punch to add a little something to the corner. Turns out it matches the button exactly, ha! I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the sentiment several times until it was dark and solid enough to show up on the blue patterned paper. The very light background stamp is actually the Petals jumbo wheel (oooh, for sale in my 'stamps for sale' button, haha!) stamped in Versamark ink.

Ok, now it's your turn! Have fun!!
Karen



recipe -
stamps: on your birthday, cheep talk
ink: close to cocoa, so saffron, bashful blue, versamark
paper: so saffron, close to cocoa, whisper white cardstock, darling dots dsp
accessories: latte buttons, flower trio & 1/4" circle punches, so saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, vintage brads, scallop edge punch, linen thread, stampin' dimensionals
See you Sunday for another challenge!

8 comments:

  1. Karen, this is super sweet!! Love the birdies!!!
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog this afternoon and found this great sketch challenge. Thanks for the opportunity to play along:)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and simple sketch. Thanks for the challenge..........deanna

    girlsinthecraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sketch! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a lot of fun with this sketch. Simple enough so I could get creative with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great sketch.

    This is the card that I created.

    Hugs.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete