Jun 9, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 186

**Looking for my MFT Teaser post? Please scroll down, or click here**



It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of this post to enter your card. The links will close in two weeks, next Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time). Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC186 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.

So I never did make a card using the last sketch, which I knew I wouldn't once I started making Teaser cards for My Favorite Things.  I really did have the best intentions to make one, but time slipped away once again.  My apologies!

I do have a card for you today though!  Yay!  This card  uses Bold Statements from My Favorite Things and you can actually earn this set for free starting June 11th - you can see all the details about that right HERE.



I started by cutting out a Circle STAX Die-namics in Smooth White Card Stock and then stamped two of the sentiments in Electric Red Ink and Black Licorice Ink



The patterned paper is 24/Seven 6x6 from Simple Stories and I used a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to cut the red paper from the pack.

On the inside of the card, I took a single sentiment and carefully inked up the different words in different inks.  I used the corner of the ink pad to ink up the stamp.  You could also create this look by masking off your stamp when you ink it up. 


The Sweet Sunday Stampers have more goodies for you, so please stop by and say hello to:

You can find these fabulous items waiting for you in the MFT Boutique:


Thanks so much for stopping by!








recipe - 
stamps: bold statements (mft)
paper: sweet tooth (mft), smooth white (mft), black licorice (mft), 24/seven 6x6 (simple stories)
ink: black licorice (mft), electric red (mft)
accessories: circle stax sets 1 & 2 die-namics (mft), fishtail flags stax die-namics (mft), sewing machine, thread, foam tape

12 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Thanks for the inspiration as ever Karen! Going bold the sentiments is a fun idea for that sketch ;)
Rx

Dawn Easton said...

Love that big bold sentiment! Awesome card!

Karen Motz said...

This is clean, colourful, and creative! It's perfect!

Wendy said...

Great sketch and card GF!

Lori said...

Love the bold sentiment stamped in the two different colors--looks great!

nmnastali said...

Your card is FAB!! I can't wait to get that new set for free!! :)) :)) Love when the sketch has a circle on it!! Woo hoo!!

Mary Gillmarten said...

Beautious sketch, beautious card -- you are a star!

Tracy said...

Loved this sketch Karen!! And I love your card!! I can see I will *need* these new sentiments. I don't know how you MFT girls don't go crazy every month with the fabulous new goodies!! Can't wait to see SSSC187. **grin**

Vicki B. said...

I loved this sketch too Karen, I really like the big bold sentiments. Fun colors and card!!!

Gilu J said...

can we have to use any particular stamps?

Shannon White said...

Such A Fun Big Bold Sentiment Miss Karen!! LOve it!! Think I am going to need this set too! ;-) Love your Fab sketch too and am so Glad that I finally found some time to play along!! Yay!! It's been too long! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Dana White said...

That big sentiment is perfect for this sketch. Sorry I couldn't play along this week!