Jun 16, 2013

MFT June Release Rewind


Hello there!  Did you enjoy seeing all the projects for the MFT June release?  All of the new products are available in the MFT Boutique right now and the design team is having a little June release rewind party again tonight.  

I have a couple of cards for you today - my first card uses Pure Innocence Gone Fishin'.



I started by stamping her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on X-Press It Blending Card Stock and then colored her with Copic markers.  I used the new Peek-a-Boo Dots Die-namics for the vertical strip and added some patterned paper underneath.


Along the bottom of the image, I added lots and lots of Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics for some banner yumminess.  The layout is FMS89.


I stamped the rest of the sentiment inside the card in Black Licorice Ink.


Supplies:



My next card is a pretty clean & simple card.  I used LJD Blissful Butterflies stamps and coordinating LJD Blissful Butterflies Die-namics.



I stamped the butterfly in Electric Red Ink on Smooth White Card stock and the popped it up over a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics banner.  I stamped the sentiment in Berrylicious Ink.


The sun element is made from the Sun Ray Die-namics and then I added 3 Lemon Drop Buttons in the center.


I used another butterfly from the set for the inside of my card and stamped the sentiment in Kraft Ink.


Supplies:


Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for a complete list of all the designers playing along in today's Release Rewind.

Thanks for stopping by!








recipe - 
reel expert card
stamps: pi gone fishin' (mft)
paper: berrylicious (mft), orange fizz (mft), smooth white (mft), x-press it blending, hello summer 6x6 (echo park)
ink: memento tuxedo black, black licorice
accessories: copic markers, peek-a-boo dots die-namics (mft), fishtail flags layers stax die-namics (mft), fishtail flags stax die-namics, sewing machine, thread, foam tape

fly as high card
stamps: blissful butterflies (mft)
paper: natural (mft), sno cone (mft), smooth white (mft)
ink: electric red (mft), berrylicious (mft), kraft (mft)
accessories: blissful butterflies die-namics (mft), sun ray die-namics (mft), fishtail flags stax die-namics (mft), lemon drop buttons (mft), white perle thread, foam tape

13 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such cute cards Karen! Love the fun and cheerful color combinations!

Kim O'Connell said...

Love all the pretty little fishtail flags on your first card. LOVE your use of the Sun Ray Die-namics on the 2nd card. This is the 2nd card of yours I've seen using that die that makes me love it. Now you've got me adding to my wish list. (shakes fist)

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What a cute sun and butterfly card! And the PI card is adorable. I have such a wish list of product that I'd like from this release!!!

Tricia

Casandra Bennett said...

Lovely cards.

Lisa H. said...

BEAUTIFUL, Karen! loooove all those flags on the PI card and the Sun Ray card is awesome!!! so cool how you made it work on the square card.

Jody Morrow said...

Your cards are ADORABLE. I love the hanging fish on the first card and the buttons in the sun is so clever. PRETTY!

Barbara said...

Two stinkin' ADORABLE cards, Karen!! I love how your fish is hanging out of the frame and Sun Ray card is GORGEOUS!!

Melody said...

Cute, cute cards Karen! Love how the fish hangs and great layouts!

Sherrie said...

Both of these are bright and sunny....and just plain fabulous!

K. Joy said...

The PI card makes me smile!! I love what you did with the colors and the little fishtale flgas coming out the bottom. Love it! :)

Debbie Carriere said...

These are fantastic, Karen!! Love the fishin' card!! Such happy colors! And those buttons for the sun are adorable!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

SHUT the front door! You are a rock star my friend! LOVE your first card with your gorgeous coloring and all the little banners, but the sun ray and the buttons...sigh. Absolutely FABULOUS!

Amy Rohl said...

Love those sunny buttons inside the Sun Ray and your gaggle of fishtails are just the perfect touch, Karen!