Nov 9, 2012

MFTeasers | Day 4!


Here are the details about the upcoming release:
  • You can attend the New Release Party on November 13 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
  • The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on November 13 at 10 PM EST.  You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
  • The guest designer contest is going on now!  Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics.
  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW.  Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily.  The winners will be posted on November 13 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
Welcome to day FOUR of MFT Teasers!  Today, we're showing a little sneak of Gift Card Greetings.



I started by cutting out some School Daze 6x6 paper with the Gift Card Pocket - Vertical Die-namics.  Once I made the pocket, I cut out more patterned paper with some Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics and stamped the sentiment on the yellow flag with the new Wild Cherry Ink, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  I added some Simply Scallops Small Die-namics along the side of the card and then added lots of stitching.  Of course, I had to use a fun Wild Cherry Button and Hemp Cord to accent my card.  The layout is Jen Shults' DS77.

Here is a shot of the card with the gift card taken out of the Gift Card Pocket. 


Love the finished inside of the pocket - it's so nice and polished looking.

I also decorated the inside of my card with more School Daze paper and another sentiment from the set:


Again, I stamped it in Wild Cherry Ink - look at that coverage - GASP!  Seriously wonderful.

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for a complete list of all designers playing along in tonight's Teaser.

Here is a peek at the wonderful new Die-namics I used tonight:


And you can find these fun items waiting for you in the MFT Boutique:









recipe - 
stamps: gift card greetings (mft)
paper: aqua mist (pti), black licorice (mft), choice buttercream (te), school daze 6x6 (my mind's eye)
ink: wild cherry (mft), brilliance graphite black
accessories: wild cherry buttons (mft), hemp cord, sewing machine, thread
mft die-namics: simply scallops small, fishtail flags stax, fishtail flags layers stax, gift card pocket - vertical  

23 comments:

Liz said...

Great card

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the card idea!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Mary J said...

Just brilliant Karen!

Isabel Z said...

I am having such a good time blog hopping. Ladies, you are an amazing group of talented women. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shari said...

Karen, this card is great! Loving this new die!

Hugs;
shari

Casandra Bennett said...

Another terrific card! I will have to pin this one. Always looking for ideas for teachers. :)

Lisa H. said...

oooo! these papers are perfect for this teacher card. Love how you put it all together.

Chris D. said...

Love that gift card Die-Namics and the stamp set that goes with it! Your card is fabulous!

Cindi Flass said...

Great teacher card! Love the papers and colors.

scrappingnana said...

Great card for a teacher. Love this idea. TFS

Ravengirl said...

Very cute! I love the way you drew the colors for your card for the gift card! It's perfectly matchy-matchy!

wendy said...

great gift card for a teacher!

zehra said...

Gorgeous card, so wonderful, love your style of the card

Greta said...

Beautiful stitching & use of the flags!

Tracey said...

What a great card!! Loving the flags on there!!

BethieJ said...

LOVE your card..inside and out!! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Alina said...

Wonderful card Karen! Love the inside!

Kimberly S. said...

VERY cute teacher's card!! I love this new gift card die!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

fabulous, I love this

Angie said...

Super cool card!!! For some reason I couldn't get your page to come up for me yesterday. I planned to come back and check after I finished hopping but forgot...so today I scrolled down and here it is! Super cute layout! Like the "tablet" paper for the pocket! Perfect for a teacher!!

Memories 2 Keepsakes said...

Nice card! This gift card holder really makes giving a gift card much more fun! Love it!

Kelly Braund said...

This is so cute!

Jennifer Shults said...

OMGoodness! I love this card! I need this stamp set something fierce! GREAT creative take on the sketch too! Hugs!! :)