December 4, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 146

Good morning - It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of this post to enter your card. The links will close on Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time), and I'll randomly select one card to feature on my blog on Saturday. So, as long as your card is linked by 10 PM Friday, your card will be in the drawing. Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC146 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.

I've been having so much fun inking up these new sets from My Favorite Things and I wanted to make a card with Always Time For Tea, which debuted in the MFT teasers yesterday.  


This darling set also has a coordinating Die-namics set, so making this card was a snap!  Well, except for the circle stitches, but I'll talk about that in a sec.  I cut out the main teapot in Love Me paper from My Mind's Eye and then I cut out the little accent pieces in Sahara Sand cardstock.  The flowers are stamped with Rose Red ink and then I added lots and lots of zigzag stitching.  Yum!  I was so happy to see that Jody Morrow made a tutorial on how to stitch around circles and ovals!  You can check it out HERE.  She said to take it one stitch at a time, and people, I sewed that by cranking the little turn knob thingy on the side of the sewing machine, one stitch at a time.  I don't trust myself to use the foot pedal with this sort of thing, LOL!  Love the way it looks, so it was worth the extra time to stitch it.  

Don't forget about the Sweet Sunday Sketchbook on Flickr - you can see all the sketches in one place.

The Sweet Sunday Stampers have amazing sketch samples to show you today, so stop on by to see:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Karen

recipe -
stamps: always time for tea (my favorite things)
paper: sahara sand (su!), blossom (bazzill), choice buttercream (taylored expressions), love me (my mind's eye)
ink: memento tuxedo black, rose red (su!)
accessories: always time for tea die-namics (my favorite things), vanilla grosgrain ribbon (su!), latte pearls (kaisercraft), foam tape



19 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Karen!! Wonderful colours and I LOVE that teapot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that pink! GREAT card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card ROCKS! Now I HAVE to have this set too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your card is so beautiful! The stitching looks amazing! I had to laugh when I read your comment about Jody's tutorial because, I have always wanted to know how to sew perfectly around circles and ovals. I was so excited when I saw her post that tutorial the other day! I tried it on an oval, but mine didn't turn out as good as yours. However, it did look much better than it usually does! I'll have to try it with just actually turning the knob like you did! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Karen, your stitching looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute - the teapot and all the pink what a perfect girly card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Karen!! Love all those pink patterned papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, what a FABULOUS sketch! I LOVE the colours and patterns you used and that new die-namics and stamp set is GORGEOUS...I'm a bit of a tea fanatic so I'm always on the lookout for a good tea themed stamp set!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! You have just totally sold me on this set and die! Your card is fabulous Karen! I love the soft pinks, the quilted panel and all of your stitching! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo! another great sketch....but your card....is beyond great. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! These papers are just TEA-riffic (sorry...had to!) with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, just BEAUTIFUL, Karen!!! :) I like the stamping you did on the teapot & teacup!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is fabulous, Karen! Love the patterns the PINK, the stitching!! Your example truly did inspire my card.
    Thanks for making this challenge my favorite place to play!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card and love the sketch, I will link up my card after it appears on my blog tomorrow - it's my 500th blog post :)

    ReplyDelete