January 18, 2013

The Beginning

Happy Friday!  It is all sorts of clean and simple here today - I found Unscripted Sketches #193 and fell instantly in love with the layout.  If you need a quick and beautiful layout, this is it.  Embrace that white space!  Haha!



This sketch was perfect for a sentiment-only card and I am using Clearly Sentimental about New Beginnings.  I cut out four Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics from scraps of Miss Caroline Howdy Doody 6x6 paper from My Mind's Eye and then used a zigzag stitch to add three of them to my Whip Cream Card Stock base. 


I stamped the sentiment in Kraft Ink on a more neutral die cut of the patterned paper.  On the end, I added a Whip Cream Button with some ecru perle thread.


I cut out another fishtail flag and stamped another sentiment from the set for the inside of my card, leaving it nice and plain and simple.

You can find all of these items in the MFT Boutique:


Thanks so much for stopping by!








recipe - 
stamps: clearly sentimental about new beginnings
paper: whip cream (mft), miss caroline howdy doody 6x6 (my mind's eye)
ink: kraft (mft)
accessories: whip cream buttons (mft), ecru perle thread, fishtail flags layers stax die-namics (mft), sewing machine, thread, foam tape 

13 comments:

  1. Great card Karen, I'm loving these layouts using strips of paper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So gentle and pretty, Karen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so incredibly sweet and I love the soft look so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen I love the soft colors and the stitching is a wonderful touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! This is so soft, pretty and so elegant! Love the zig zag stitching! You truly do have a keen eye for design! Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft pastels, love the layout, very fresh. Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card. Love the soft colors and design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning CAS card Karen! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautifully understated card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely love this one Karen! Perfect for so many occasions -- my daughter is moving back to the DC area soon with a promotion so this would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Those soft colors are beautifully put together, and pop off the white background! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this might be my favorite card...ever. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, but stunning! This card has big impact with the soft colors, I love it!

    ReplyDelete