August 17, 2012

UR Fabulous

Good morning!  Did you know that My Favorite Things holds a guest designer contest each month?  This is your chance to win over $200 in MFT stamps and Die-namics AND have the opportunity to play along with the design team for the next release and all the Wednesday Stamp Club Challenges for the next month. MFT always has amazing stamp sets around the corner and getting (and stamping with) them early is a special treat.  You can find all the details in the MFT Forum on Splitcoaststampers.

Here is a peek at the sketch for the challenge:


And here is my card, using à la modes I’ve Got UR Back.



I love to paper piece with this image and I used some new The Sweetest Thing Bluebell 6x6 papers from My  Mind's Eye for this one.  I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on cream cardstock and the patterned paper and then colored her with Copic Markers and added the paper piecing.  I cut the image out and matted it with some Rectangle STAX Die-namics and added the sentiment to a Mini Tabs Foursome Die-namics.   Instead of a flower, I added a large Hot Fudge Button and thread.


I stamped the image again on the inside in Memento Desert Sand and the sentiment in black.  Of course, I had to add all sorts of stitching too!

I hope you'll join in on all the guest designer fun!  Please check out these fun items in the MFT Boutique:








recipe - 
stamps: à la modes i’ve got ur back (mft)
paper: kraft (mft), hot fudge (mft), night of navy (su!), choice buttercream (te), the sweetest thing bluebell 6x6 (my mind's eye)
ink: memento tuxedo black, memento desert sand
accessories: copic markers, hot fudge buttons (mft), rectangle stax 1&2/mini tabs foursome die-namics (mft), ecru perle thread, sewing machine, thread, foam tape

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of the stitching!! What kind of sewing machine do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I love all the stitching you do on your cards and projects. I was wondering if you just use a standard thread or something more heavy duty? I stitch on my cards but it never is nice and visible like yours. I would appreciate any advice you could share with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are just fabulous...I don't color but I do love the love of both and your stitching is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete