March 5, 2008

wish big

Can it be? Is it true? Is this possibly a card I could give to a man? Hmmm. If you have ribbon and sparkly things on a card, does it count as masculine? I'm trying here! It has blue and brown in it - does it count? I believe so! I'm going with it, okay? This card is 6-1/2 x 3-1/4 and I started with a piece of 6-1/2 x 6-1/2 sage shadow. I never use this color! I guess that's why you can barely see it under the chocolate chip. I wrapped a piece of wide ribbon around the chocolate chip cardstock and then added it to the sage shadow. I used my 1/2" circle punch to create a dry embossed look along the top of the ribbon. Did I fool you? ha! I really like the subtle dimension it gives this card. The cake (from Eat Cake) is done in close to cocoa, sage shadow, bashful blue, ballet blue, and so saffron. I added some creative candy twinkle stickers on the candles to give them a little punch. I wish I could get a better picture of them though. I used my ticket corner punch on the wish big sentiment and then tucked it behind the first 2 layers of the cake image. Then I added the bottom layers. I think it looks fun and different. To finish, I added the bashful blue brads to try and balance the card. Have a wonderful day!
~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment