March 15, 2008

up from the bottom of the shelf

Hello! I'm still playing 'catch-up' from this week's computer craziness, so I'm posting a card I made a while ago. If you've seen my gallery or store, then this one looks familiar I'm sure. This one comes from a sketch challenge a few weeks back from splitcoast. I was inpired a while ago when I got together with some other SU demonstrators and one of the swaps I got used Sweet Shapes, which has been collecting dust on my shelf for quite a while. I got the set from the Denver regional seminar way back in 2006 and I haven't used it much since. I wanted to try out faux stitching with a different color than black or white and I love how the red pops out. The zig-zag stitching was made with my paper piercer and piercing template from SU. I've seen other faux stitching using the All in a Row stamp set, so I need to try that as well.
I just need to get photoshop back up and running and then I'll be ready to start posting new pictures for all of you. Tonight I hope to stamp some after the kids are in bed and soon it will be March Madness, so that will leave plenty of crafting time while Michael watches the tournament - guilt-free stamping, yes!
~Karen

Details: Sweet Shapes stamp set; Love & Happiness rub-ons; whisper white, soft sky, real red, blue bayou cardstock; soft sky prints designer series paper; soft sky, real red, black Staz-On inks; real red wide grosgrain ribbon, paper piercer/template; stampin dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment