March 6, 2008

a great thing

Here is a super simple card for you today - not even a stamp! Today's colors are purely pomegranate, so saffron, and wild wasabi. So goes the color challenge over at splitcoaststampers. I started off with a 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 piece of purely pomegranate folded in half. The so saffron Prints paper is punched out with the spiral punch. I need to figure out a new way to use this punch - it was a must-have and now I barely use it because it seems to be same old-same old... Anyway, I used another rub-on from my free package from Sale-A-Bration, Love & Happiness and I love how crisp and dark the image comes out. I'm getting very addicted to these! That's what I need - more 'things' to need, ha! The image is on whisper white and layered over so saffron and wild wasabi. I used 2 antique brads to give the sentiment a little something else and of course, I needed purely pomegranate ribbon to finish the card. So super easy! Sometimes I need these simple cards to get my creative juices flowing again. It's been a pretty productive week as far as stamping goes - now I need to catch up on laundry and maybe I should clean up my craft area. It's in serious trouble! Tomorrow is Friday, yea!

~Karen

1 comment:

  1. I thouroughly LOVE that you use things that aren't the "newest" product that SU has out. You have such fresh fun ideas and do-able cards that are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete