August 7, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 129


Good morning - It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of this post to enter your card. The links will close on Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time), and I'll randomly select one card to feature on my blog on Saturday. So, as long as your card is linked by 10 PM Friday, your card will be in the drawing. Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC129 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.

Another card for a little boy today - I'm on a roll, who would have thought?!  This sweet image is from Float My Boat by There She Goes.  This card took a completely different direction than I was thinking, but I think it still works with the sketch.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored it with Copic markers.  I added some Lime Twist Fly a Kite paper from My Mind's Eye and then popped up the sentiment with a star.  Going on that orange and green color scheme again for this week's card, lol! 
The Sweet Sunday Stampers have amazing sketch samples to show you today, so stop on by to see:
Thanks for taking on the challenge this week!
Karen

19 comments:

  1. LOVED this sketch Karen!! And your card is so cute! Super jealous of your coloring skills my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS Sketch!! and such a sweet, adorable card!! LOVE!!!. Ahoy me Matey!!!

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Karen! Your coloring looks fantastic on this cute image and I like how you used a different shape other than a rectangle. Love the sweet little star accent too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute Karen! I love the scallop border matching the scallop nestie - very wavey! :) I'm off to make my card now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Karen, your coloring is amazing, love this sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, I love your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch! Love your colouring on your card too! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen this is so cute - hope I can find some time later this week to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your card and this sketch, and I hope my entry is visible, I seem to be having trouble with Mr. Linky today. Thanks-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable. I love that stamp and you've colored it beautifully. I had a blast with the sketch this week. I've never made a long skinny card before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable sample!! I love this sketch! I'm going to try to fit it in this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutie of a card. Ahoy! Ah, and the sketch is so much fun - had a blast with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your sketches. They always seem to fit what I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job By DT!Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice message, Deb: "Thank you for being you" :) Really great looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete