March 19, 2010

thinking of you...

I think I have finally, FINALLY figured out how to use my new camera {Nikon D5000} to take crisp and clear pictures of my cards.  You'd think it would be easy, but there are SO many new components that I have no idea how to use, or what they mean.  It's always a good rule of thumb to be at least 10% smarter than the object you are dealing with, so with that said - watch out New Camera!  I'm catching up to you!!

So here she is - a beautiful photo of today's little card.  Finally you can see that is indeed a felt flower and not just some sort of triangular glob.  Haha!!!  I'm amazed - you can actually see the fibers!  Ok, yes - I will calm down...

I really love the new set, Favorite Peeps, from Taylored Expressions - especially this little birdie, just hanging out, people watchin'.  I didn't want to make an Easter card today, so I paired it with a little sentiment from Celebrate Life.  The paper is Sweet Pea from Stampin' Up! and I thought I could try and get away with mixing 3 different patterns on one small surface.  Did it work?  It's difficult to tell from the picture, but I used a Gelly Roll glitter pen over the branch.  The image is colored with Copics and the sketch is Taylor's TESC104, I just flipped it on its side.  I really like the way this card turned out - it's pretty clean and simple with that pop of Teal. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back tomorrow - I actually have another post ready and cued up for you :D

Karen


recipe -
Stamps: Favorite Peeps, Celebrate Life
Paper: Taken With Teal, Whisper White cardstock; Sweet Pea DSP (all Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Taken With Teal (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sweet Pea felt flowers (Stampin' Up!), silver brads, Scallop Trim punch (Stampin' Up!), dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. Oooohh GORGOEUS!!! I'm excited I can see the fibres!!!! Sooooo what's the secret???? You know in 3 or is it 4 more sleeps we will begin to conquer Miss Nikon!!! Love this it really is GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooopss ME again!!!! Forgot to comment on the Three different patterns on one small surface. Well..... ummm..... AWESOME!!!! I do indeed believe you have made it work. You are after all a genius when it comes to mixing and matching DSP... you doubted your self.. Tut tut!!!! Oh well while I'm back I'll just say again how GORGEOUS it is. !!!!

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW firstly let me say that card is fantastic I love it!
    And wow the photo is perfect so clean and sharp, what kind of camera is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course those patterns worked! Your card is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! So clean & sharp, glad you got that camera to GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - great shot!!!! Have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the globs better than the actual fibers and I'm sorry but that patterned paper does NOT work......SNORT!!! This is freakin' adorable, Karen and I LOVE the colors....especially the patterned paper!!! No go forth and conquer that NikonD5million....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally darling card and I LOVE the clean, crisp picture (said with a bit of jealousy over your new toy LOL!). Glad you are a step ahead of it now :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute! Love that new set! Your photo is fabulously crisp and clear! Love you felt flower and all the fibres!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Someone else that has a new nikon D5000. I still can't figure out how to take a clean crisp picture of my cards. Can't figure out the setting. So if you have any advice your could lead me in the right direction that would be awesome.

    By the way your card is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, a gorgeous card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this little birdie! VERY crisp picture that ole camera better look out! Hugs girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can FEEL those fibres all the way from Australia!!! Awesome card, patterns, textures, bird... yada, yada :)

    Lee x

    ReplyDelete