March 10, 2010

Girls just wanna have fun

Hello friends!  Well, I've been in a stamping slump this week - I just can't find the motivation to work on cards when there is crappy daytime TV to watch, or kids to take to the park for the first time all winter, or that dreaded pile of laundry.  When the kids go down for the night, all I want to do is fall on the sofa and crash!  Come on motivation!!

So, since I don't have anything new for you today, I'll post something a little old - it's one of my Dirty Dozen cards from January and the challenge was to be totally feminine in the classic style of Audrey Hepburn.  This was one of my favorite cards from that month. 

I'll be back with new items soon!  I promise!
Karen

recipe -
stamps: Express Yourself (Verve)
paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock, Fall Flowers dsp 
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: 1" white satin ribbon, Beetle Black Blossom brads (Doodlebug Design Inc), Victoria embossing folder (Provo Craft), Nestabilities, stampin' dimensionals  

12 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! I wish I had a little black dress like that :) Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... I simply *heart* that sweet little dress and the bling! Totally cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course there's chatting to a CRAZY Aussie girl for hours too.. hehehe. You know I LOVE this card... simple, elegant, fabulous and then there's that DRESSS.... oooohhhh!!!

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Karen. My kids get a two week Spring Break and with my little guy having more energy than the rest of the family combined, we have to get out and about or we pay dearly LOL! I have your wonderful sketch sitting on my desk ready to go but no time so far...ugh! Loved this little black dress when I saw it in the Fan Club and loving it all over again now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful! Hope you find your mojo soon, I miss seeing your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great LBD (little black dress). The colour combo is so classic as is the dress. It put me in mind of another blog that I watch call the Uniform Project - http://www.theuniformproject.com/ in which an LBD is being worn each day for a year to raise money for Akanksha Foundation and school uniforms in India. A great project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, since i missed it the first time, this is new to me! i love black with white and blue! and of course, the girly bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!!! I love the huge bow and that little black dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliantly put together card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH his is just sooo fun and fancy Karen!! Absolutely gorgeous, like everything else you come up with!! :)
    Love your bow too! stunning!!

    ReplyDelete