June 22, 2009

viva la verve


I have another Verve card for you today - this one uses Floral Whimsy. This is the last of the June Viva la Verve sketches and this week's twist is to use only ONE piece of patterned paper. Huh? I don't even think that can be legal, lol! I came up with this color combo from the SU catalog - Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, and Old Olive. It looks really nice in the catty, but I changed my mind about 3 times while making the card. I ended up keeping it, and it is growing on me. What do you think? I glued some Tiny Twinkles on the pink flowers with some Tombo Multi Adhesive. It was a fun challenge and a very cute sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen



recipe -
stamps: floral whimsy (verve stamps)
ink: basic black, pink pirouette
paper: pink pirouette, riding hood red, old olive, whisper white cardstock, candy lane dsp
accessories: tiny twinkles (taylored expressions), silver brads, old olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, circle/scallop nestabilities, stampin' dimensionals, tombo multi adhesive

4 comments:

  1. I Think it's GORGEOUS. And only ONE piece of DSP!!!! Goodness.... are you OK. Should I send over some Tim Tams for you?? hahaha.

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. The colours, the ribbon, everything! Tagging this one for inspiration - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least your's is legal with the one piece of dp! Gorgeous and legal...can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete