June 16, 2009

need more space



Need more white space that is! I'm back with another Viva la Verve sketch with a {twist} and this week's twist is to use lots and lots and lots and lots of white space. I think the word white was used about six times in the challenge details, so I went with it and used lots of white. We were also asked to use no more that 2 colors of cardstock (besides white) - it was tough, but I did it! To add a little pop, I added a splash of Regal Rose for the tulips, ribbon and border and then I added the So Saffron scallops for my second color. Don't you just love this unique look? Very fresh and clean. I'm glad I gave this one a try!

Ok, that's it for now - I hope to see you back soon!
Karen


recipe -
stamps: miracles blossom (verve stamps), trendy trees
ink: regal rose, always artichoke, copic marker r20
paper: regal rose, so saffron, whisper white cardstock
accessories: 5/8" regal rose grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, circle/scallop nestabilities (spellbinders), stampin' dimensionals

15 comments:

  1. Ooohh this is vERY VERY VERY nice indeed. LOVE IT actually.

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that white - I don't own any Verve stamps but going to be inspired by your card & create something similar TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, the white space works so well on it and the other colours add just the right amount of pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it Karen!! Just gorgeous. But you never can go wrong with tulips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Absolutely LOVE this! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, Karen! I love the way the flowers go past the border of the circle! GREAT colors ... especially all the WHITE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Verve are a perfect match! You work so well with their stamps! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is soooo darling Karen! I love the super clean look of it with all the white and just a little bit of pink showing around the center square. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I absolutely love it. It's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! The white space is super effective in showcasing the gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning - I love it. You did a wonderful job on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great. Another winner! You have just the right amount of color and texture to balance the white. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete