June 12, 2009

cupcakes make life sweet


Have you ever heard anything more true?! How can anyone be anything but happy while eating a cupcake? Great, now I'm craving one... haha! This card was made for a very special birthday today - Miss Taylor Van Bruggen, yes the cupcake queen herself, is celebrating her birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAYLOR!! Even on her birthday she showers us all with sketch happiness! Hop on over to her blog and check out her latest Cupcake Challenge, TECC72 and join in on all the fun! I broke out the new designer series paper, Razzleberry Lemonade, from Stampin' Up! and I'm just so excited to use all these fun patterns! I'm going with a pink theme today, which is Melon Mambo, one of the new In Colors for this summer. I inked up another adorable cupcake from the Taylored Expressions set, For the Love of Cupcakes and added some Cyclamen glitter and little rhinestones. The heart and cupcake wrapper are paper pieced for a fun little look. I found some clear buttons and added some paper underneath them for a little extra pop.

I want to give a little shout-out to Our Friday Friend, Julie Smith, who has an adorable little creation for you today over at the Stamp A Sweet Impression blog. Congratulations Julie!

If you would like a chance to be the next Friday Friend, upload your Taylored Expressions creations to the SplitcoastStampers gallery and use the keyword tayloredexpressions (no space). You never know when your card will be selected and it would be SO cool to have you featured on the SASI blog!

Have a FABULOUS Friday, and Taylor, have a WONDERFUL birthday today!
Karen

recipe -
stamps: for the love of cupcakes (taylored expressions)
ink: memento tuxedo black, copic markers E31, C1
paper: melon mambo, very vanilla cardstock, razzleberry lemonade dsp
accessories: cyclamen glitter (taylored expressions), clear buttons, mini/micro twinkle dots (a.muse), rectangle/scallop nestabilities (spellbinders), scallop edge punch, stampin dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Karen, this card is Super Sweet!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this paper but haven't used it yet...you are motivating me with this cute cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute, Karen! OMGosh I love it! The cupcake looks so yummy and I love the little heart on top! Thanks so much for making my birthday so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This is so pretty with the lovely colors and the great details like the clear buttons with the paper behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this is fabulous! I love the paper piecing and bling on that adorably sweet cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeals of delight from over here!!! Razzleberry Lemonade!!!! Yummy... Melon Mambo... Scrummy!!!! And the card... BEAUTIFUL.

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Karen! I'm drooling over that DP! Can't wait to get my hands on it:))

    ReplyDelete