July 7, 2008

my 27-hour scrapbook page


Ok, well that is a big exaggeration, but I started this page yesterday and just finished it tonight. So it goes with 3 little ones and a busy summer. Alright, that's not fair to blame the kiddos because I don't scrapbook fast at all. We used to get together for crops and I think I would finish one page in the evening and even then I had more touch-ups to do later. I hope I can get faster at this because I am SO far behind it's intimidating me. I found this contest over at Pagemaps and thought it would be fun to enter and even if I don't win I'm at least one scrapbook page closer to catching up! ha! Also, Beckie Carlson {ladystamper} is doing a little challenge at her blog to use chipboard this week so I thought I'd just kill two challenges with one page. She's a challenge junkie like me! These pictures of Avery bring back so many memories - we had just moved to Fort Collins and she seemed so big then. Now I look at her and see her as a baby. It makes me miss that time when it was just me and her during the day while Daddy was at work. Now I'm busy juggling 3 little ones and wishing/hoping to get more alone time with each of them, especially Andrew.

That's it for now - Thanks for taking a peek today!


Details -
paper: kraft, very vanilla, wild wasabi, cool caribbean cardstock; so saffron, rose red prints dsp paper
accessories: chipboard 'crillion' alphabet {li'l davis designs}, vintage brads, so saffron buttons, 5-point petal punch, flower punches {ek success}, mini glue dots, tombo multi adhesive

11 comments:

  1. What a GREAT page! I love how you used the chipboard. It looks awesome!! It is a great layout that I think...I just might be copying!Thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome scrapbook page, WOWZERS!! I love it!

    Thank you VERY much for the bee-a-u-tee-ful birthday card. So pretty! I love pomegranate, groovy guava, and textured CS is the best. Hugs, D~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely!!! Those pics are priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page! Had no idea you had a blog! I wish I had your creativity. I haven't even started on a book for Powell! Hundreds of pictures, but nothing even printed out. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute! I totally know what you mean about stuff taking longer to get done. I cannot tell you how many projects I have sitting in my "to finish" pile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet page! Your daughter was absolutely adorable! BTW, I am so behind in scrapping that I stopped and don't know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. i love this page just so cute and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what sweet pictures and wonderful page to highlight them - love the row of flowers and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen- this is a fantastic scrapbook page! And with all those little details it is no wonder it took so long! Who cares how long it takes anyway- as long as you are having fun!!
    Good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete