July 11, 2008

you know you're from colorado when...

My mom sent me this in an email and it made me laugh. All you Colorado people, enjoy. Everyone else, you can just get a crazy look into life in CO, ha!

A winter statistic:

98% OF AMERICANS SCREAM BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH
ON A SLIPPERY ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM COLORADO AND THEY SAY, 'HOLD MY SODA AND WATCH THIS.
NOW:

You're from Colorado if...
-You'll eat ice cream in the winter.
-When the weather report says it's going to be 65 degrees, you shave your legs and wear a skirt.
-It snows 5 inches and you don't expect school to be cancelled.
-You'll wear flip flops every day of the year, regardless of temperature.
-You have no accent at all, but can hear other people's. And then you make fun of them.
-'Humid' is over 25%.
-Your sense of direction is: Toward the mountains and Away from the mountains.
-You say 'the interstate' and everybody knows which one.
-You think that May is a totally normal month for a blizzard.
-You buy your flowers to set out on Mother's day, but try and hold off planting them until just before Father's day.
-You grew up planning your Halloween costumes around your coat. {ahhh yes, it ALWAYS snows on Halloween}
-You know what the Continental Divide is.
-You don't think Coors beer is that big a deal.
-You went to Casa Bonita as a kid, and as an adult. {really gross food, very fun entertainment for kids}
-You've gone off-roading in a vehicle that was never intended for such activities.
-You always know the elevation of where you are.
-You wake up to a beautiful, 80 degree day and you wonder if it's going to snow tomorrow. {Very true - read this post if you don't believe me, ha!}

**You don't care that some company renamed it, the Broncos still play at Mile High**
-Every movie theater has military and student discounts.
-Everybody wears jeans to church.
-You actually know that ** South Park ** is a real place not just a show on TV.
-You know what a 'trust fund hippy' is, and you know its natural habitat is Boulder
-You know you're talking to a fellow Coloradoan when they call it Elitches, not Six Flags.
-A bear on your front porch doesn't bother you.
-Your two favorite teams are the Broncos and whoever is beating the crap out of the Raiders.
-When people out East tell you they have mountains in their state too, you just laugh.
-You go anywhere else on the planet and the air feels 'sticky' and you notice the sky is no longer blue.

Yes, these are true and make me chuckle - I don't know why we all keep going to Casa Bonita, it's not the greatest food, but I think the cliff divers and sappy melodramas make up for it. If you're ever in town... OK, Kidding!

See you back soon!

6 comments:

  1. That is soooo funny! I just moved to CO from CA and these are great. Agree totally with the Raiders thing! BUT must disagree with the CASA BONITA comment... come on, it's gross! Everyone "recommended" it, so we went! HELLO! Why would anyone go (I guess more than once?)Oh, I guess you are right htne... you have to go at least once to know it is that bad :)
    -Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that was too funny....I laughed at the Mile High thing. I might have to put this on my blog today....have a great day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd let you know that the apron card on my blog does NOT use the apron die cut; it was just the inspiration. If you're trying to hunt it down, I found this link where you can buy it:
    http://www.bizzybecscardmakingscrapbooking.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=452_454&products_id=2805

    Good luck! Sorry for the confusion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the you know your from Colorado when... I miss living there. I am ready to shovel snow again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of the items on your list could apply to people from New Mexico too, which is where I'm from. Especially incorporating a heavy jacket into a Halloween costume. Seems like we were get our first snow on that day. Snow in May was common too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha! This is too funny! I love it! It's funny because I actually grew up in Iowa and the other day the humidity was close to 40% and I said to my husband "Man, it's humid today!" I then told my mom that (who is still in Iowa) and she about bit my head off! Haha! I forget that it is always like 100% there! I also love the Casa Bonita one...sick food, but we still take our youth group there every year! Why...I don't know! Haha! Oh...and the Mile High stadium part...so true! Haha! I just can't get enough of these. I have only lived here 2 years and it is funny to see how fast I have conformed to these ways! We play South Park in sports too! ;) Thanks for making me laugh! Do you mind if I post it to my blog?

    ReplyDelete