July 2, 2008

color challenge #14

Hello! Just a quick card to post from Kristina's color challenge for the week. This one was waaay out of my color comfort zone and it's exactly why I participate in these challenges, right? This weeks' colors are basic black, basic gray, whisper white, river rock, and ruby red. YEP! Reminds me of my corporate world attire I used to wear back in the day. Now if I wear black, I'm definitely going to be spit-up on or the dog will decide to use me as a scratching post. I wanted to use a darker background and I love using the white rubons on dark colors, which matches the t-shirts, so that's where the inspiration came from today. I'm sorry about the dark picture - the afternoon thunder clouds are rolling in and I lost my sunlight.

I'll leave you with this photo of my husband and kids at the carnival on Sunday. Avery was so excited to go on the little roller coaster and Andrew was extremely upset that I wasn't letting him go on the ride, so Michael took him and I think we scarred him for life. Poor little guy. Then, instead of going around 4 times (like every other time Avery was on it) the attendant kept the thing going an extra 2 times. I felt so bad, but I was laughing the whole time. His little face was too cute, even when he was so scared. He was a trooper though and was laughing when he got off the ride and saw me.


Thanks for stopping by!
Details -
paper: basic gray cardstock
accessories: love & happiness rubons, black brads, ruby red grosgrain ribbon (from a assortment pack a couple years ago, can't remember the name)

18 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH KRISTINA'S CHALLENGE AS ALWAYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is my favourite! Gorgeous and simple - perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! And the roller coaster looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card & fun to see what your family is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Karen.

    Congrats.
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply pretty card. Congrats on making the top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making Kristina's Top 10!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. I had it picked as an early favorite to make Top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen,

    You are very talented. I checked your etsy store and I have to say I would buy all the cards awsome quality and the most important perfectly hand made. Just beautiful.
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifulllllllllllllllll, kisses from México!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Congrats on making Kristina's Top 10!!!!
    Lovely Card!!!, Great Job!!!

    Greetings from Sonia (Sony)
    Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very cool card!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yes, I do remember this card...I have been to your blog before. LOVE THIS!!! Reminds me of soft gray wool or felt! I did not even TRY this challenge!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the ribbon and flowers on this - congrats on being in Kristina's top 10 with this!!

    ReplyDelete