April 24, 2008

color challenge #6



I finally have completed a color challenge on time! Kristina Werner has an awesome color challenge and here is the card I actually completed for it last night. I love this combination - so saffron, sahara sand, pumpkin pie, and wild wasabi - and I drew inspiration from the blank canvas of the comforter and then added the color from the pillows. Kristina did mention to leave the wild wasabi to a minimum, so that's what inspired me to add leaves to my flowers. I think it adds a nice touch of dimension.

On another note..... It's my birthday! Surprise! Ha! Nothing big planned for today, just getting together with my bunco group and then tomorrow my hubby has planned something for me - don't know what that is yet, but he's arranged a babysitter for the kiddos, so I'm just excited to be childless for dinner!

Have a wonderful day and I'll see you back soon - thanks for stopping by!
~Karen

Details
stamps: short & sweet
paper: sahara sand, wild wasabi, so saffron prints dsp, jersey shore dsp
ink: pumpkin pie
accessories: orange grosgrain ribbon (american crafts), ek success flower punches, rhinestones (a-muse & heidi swapp)

12 comments:

  1. This is a totally adorable card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the tiny flowers are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there friend! Happy Birthday...a little late. I hope you had a wonderful day & that it was special for you. Was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making Kristina's top 10! Your card is beautiful... well-deserved!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the top ten ... the flowers are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my fav of the ones I've seen! I think you captured the feel of the room without duplicating it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! What a gorgeous layout! :0) mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tsuch a sweet card! Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS! I love this color combo.

    ReplyDelete