February 1, 2008

happy day

I have been so busy this week and today is the first day I've gotten around to making cards since this past weekend. It's late and the house is quiet, so I'm going to post while I have the chance. This little number was inspired by Beate's weekend sketch challenge - love those! I thought I'd try something different with the designer paper and punches and use the negative image. First I punched the flower in Really Rust and then I used my 1-1/4" square punch around the flower. I place the patterned paper underneath. What do you think? This is the first time I've used this size card, 6-1/2 x 3-1/4 and I like this size! I'll have to order me some envelopes to fit it. Not really sure I like all the brads and to be honest, this is the first time I've used these shiny copper ones. I'm not a big fan, but they seem to match the rust paper somewhat. The ribbon is Soft Sky double stitched grosgrain and the sentiment is from Taggers Dozen. The paper is Fall Flowers and I'm going to need to get more of that pack of paper too! I use it all the time.
Well, it's late, so I'll sign off. Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here Monday.
~Karen

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful!!! I like that you used your punch for the flowers...the DSP plus the Really Rust and Soft Sky colors are a gorgeous!!! I'll have to try this combo too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty. The scalloping is a perfect accent. Great job.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the soft colors you chose!
    Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that card is just darling!! I got my craft room back, so hoping to do more cards now!

    ReplyDelete