February 4, 2008

Catching up

Hello and happy Monday! Anyone watch the Superbowl yesterday? I guess we still get to hear that cork pop out of the champagne bottle in Miami every time an undefeated team loses. I wasn't really rooting for either team, but it turned out to be an exciting game in the last quarter. Hopefully the Broncos will be better next year and at least make the playoffs. Sheesh.

OK! I'm trying to catch up on my splitcoast challenges here and so far I'm just to last Wednesday's sketch challenge. I thought this was going to be a quick and easy card, but I just couldn't make up my mind on anything and kept messing with it. Needless to say, I got to bed late last night (or is it early this morning?) I thought I'd use some more of the Fall Flowers double sided paper that I used in my last post and the flowers on the smaller panel just screamed out "use the In the Spotlight hostess set!" So I did. When I finished this card it reminded me of all the boho style sets in the catalog. Might just have to get some of those now because they would go so well with the jumbo eyelets! The faux stitching is made with my Really Rust stampin write marker and I thought it added a fun little touch. I've never used anything but my while gel pen for stitching before, so I'm glad to step out of the box. The birthday sentiment is from Hugs & Wishes. Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your day!
~Karen

1 comment:

  1. Nice card! This was a great sketch challenge. I got my flower cut out...but haven't made the card yet!

    ReplyDelete