February 25, 2008

a beautiful weekend

We had an amazing weekend here - the weather was simply beautiful and we were able to enjoy the sunshine. Spring is right around the corner! I took my daughter to Target on Saturday and bought a snorkel for the pool this summer. She's been wearing it around the house pretty much ever since. It's so funny the way her little face gets all squished up in the mask. We found some other goggles and my son joined in on the fun. By the time they were finished swimming around the family room, Andrew's goggles were so foggy he could barely see out of them. Avery has already asked to wear them in the bathtub -that's gotta be fun, errr... It's going to be a long wait until the end of May when our neighborhood pool opens.

I did find some time to stamp and I hopped over to Beate Johns' blog for her weekend sketch challenge. If you've been reading my blog, you know I love Beate's challenges and try to do them every week. So much fun and very handy when you hit a creative wall. I will say that this one was right up my alley and I had to do 2 cards (I'll post them in my splitcoast gallery later today). This card is made with the Fall Flowers designer paper - I love all the patterns in this packet! So soft and fun. The card base is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 sahara sand cardstock and I layered really rust and soft sky together after I scalloped the edge of the soft sky. The flower is from So Many Scallops and I punched out the middle with the 1" circle punch and then punched out the flower with the scallop punch. The build-a-brad in the middle is made from the same striped paper on the side of the main panel and I placed a 3/4" circle in old olive underneath it to give it a little pop. I couldn't find a sentiment I like for this card, so we'll just call it an 'all occasion' card and move on, ha! I'm starting to regret selling some of my retired stamp sets now! There are some that I really could use, but I got a little bit out of control thinking I *needed* more room in my stamping space. What was I thinking?!
~Karen

3 comments:

  1. Karen, your card is beautiful! I LOVE it!
    Thanks for playing with the sketch!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't this past weekend just gorgeous!! I am SO ready for Spring. How cute are your kids and so ready for swimming. Your card is as darling as every! When I need to make a card I'm coming back to your blog to copy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are ready for spring here in UT too! They say 50's this weekend! (i'm sure my kids will want to bust out the shorts!)

    Such a cute card, I love that you use paper from previous catalogs, I have so much left over/scraps and such, now I know how to use it along w/the new stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete