March 29, 2015

You're My Hero {SSSC262}


Hello and happy, happy weekend! I'm here with another fun card for the new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. Here's a look at the sketch:


There are so many possibilities with this one. I happened to flip it horizontally in order to work with the image a little better. I inked up You're Super from My Favorite Things and actually colored with my Copics again! What? Yep.

The card base is Sno Cone card stock and I added a little strip of X-Press It Blending card stock with the Diagonal Stripes background in Fog ink. I also cut out the girl and the fun sentiment element in X -Press It card stock and then stamped the image in Black Licorice Hybrid ink. The Pinking Edge Circle Die-namics is sponged with Tangy Orange, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop and Banana Split inks an then I stamped the buildings in Black Licorice ink for the silhouette. The little enamel dots are from the Birthday Boy assortment by Doodlebug Design.


Hop on over to the Sweet Sunday Sketch Blog to take a peek at all cards from the design team and you can link up your project there as well. Happy stamping!

Thanks so much for stopping by!




recipe -
stamps: you're super (mft), diagonal stripes background (mft)
paper: x-press it blending, sno cone (mft)
ink: black licorice hybrid (mft), black licorice (mft), fog (sss), tangy orange (mft), orange fizz (mft), lemon drop (mft), banana split (mft), blu raspberry (mft)
accessories: you're super die-namics (mft), pinking edge circle stax die-namics (mft), birthday boy enamel dots (doodlebug design), copic markers, foam tape

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Karen, so stinkin' cute and her hair is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER cute, Karen! Love the dimension and pop of color with your images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you colored her hair. She's a rockin' superstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card and sketch. Love the colors and those images... wish they made a boy super hero. :)

    ReplyDelete