October 10, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 88


Good morning - It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of this post to enter your card. The links will close on Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time), and I'll randomly select one card to feature on my blog on Saturday. So, as long as your card is linked by 10 PM Friday, your card will be in the drawing. Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC88 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.

Right from the start I had it in my mind to use a Pure Innocence Girl for this week's card and since I've been making Christmas cards all week, I went straight to Snow Day.  I just love this image - especially since I can use Sparkly Fluff on her, haha!  I was going to put some fluff on the top of her little boots, but then I thought it would look too much like Santa, so the idea was canned.  The sketch is made for a square card, but I changed it up and made it a standard A2.  I used a sheet of Snow Day paper by Crate Paper for the background and added a strip of red cardstock for the edge - instead of scallops, I used the Snowflake punch.  Love that punch!  I also used one of the new Winter Wonderland Snowflakes dies as an accent underneath my Bow Easy bow.  The sentiment is from Winter Wonderland.


The Sweet Sunday Stampers have amazing sketch samples to show you today, so stop on by to see:
Thanks for taking on the challenge this week! 
Karen


recipe -
stamps: snow day (my favorite things), winter wonderland (taylored expressions)
paper: choice snow white (taylored expressions), maraschino textured cardstock (bazzill), snow day (crate paper)
ink: memento rich cocoa
accessories: snowflake edge punch (ek success), clear rhinestones (kaisercraft), red grosgrain ribbon, copic markers, sugar sparkly fluff (our craft lounge), rectangle nestabilities (spellbinders)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely card with a beautiful sketch. Hope I will find the time to use this one.

    X Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so super adorable Karen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I love this cute image and your snowflake with the bow {you always make the best bows}!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that adorable PI girl, I need her!!! LOL! Perfect holiday card! Loved this sketch to Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just happened by your site today. Such cute stuff!! I'm following you!

    Kristin
    http://www.Kristinsreview.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally adorable Karen!!!!!!! I LOVE your colouring!!!!! and that big red bow in the center of the snowflake is delightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so CUTE Karen! Just as sweet as can be! GREAT sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love the snowflake border in place of the scallops and the sparkle on her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was another really super sketch. The sample card and the entries are just beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh this is so ADORABLE!! Love this little girl and the colouring.. WELL.. that's just amazing! Oh and as for the fluff on the boots.. I say give it a go.. I think it would looks CUTE!!! Ooops there I go being BOSSY again!!! bwhahaha

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet!


    Congratulations - your card is being featured on Our Favorite Finds on the MFT Blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this sketch! It's perfect for so many cards and occasions :)
    Thank you!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable! Love that image and the wintery feel of your card!

    ReplyDelete