July 24, 2010

Sweet Birthday

Do you remember this card from Karen Motz?  It's the "to die for" chocolate frosted donut card everyone was talking about at CHA in January...  mmmmm.... donuts.... {in my best Homer Simpson voice}.  I bought some Espresso Dimensional Pearls just so I can make some yummy frosted items and wish they were real.  mmmm.... cupcakes....  My photo up top just doesn't do the pearls justice, so here's a close up.  I added the rhinestones to the cupcake from For the Love of Cupcakes while the Dimensional Pearls were still wet and now those sparkles are stuck in there like cement - so easy! The cupcake wrapper is paper-pieced with a sheet of patterned paper from the July Key Ingredients subscription kit and I added a couple corduroy button brads.  The layout is Taylor's TESC122 - so super fun!

Thanks for swinging by!
Karen


recipe -
stamps: for the love of cupcakes (taylored expressions)
paper: all papers are from the july key ingredients kit
ink: memento rich cocoa
accessories: corduroy brads (stampin' up!), pink stitched ribbon, circle nestabilities, espresso dimensional pearls (ranger), embroidery floss

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable, Karen!! I, too, love using the dimensional pearls for frosting, or hot fudge sauce, too! Yummy!! Love these papers, too! I made my first kit the other day with the July kit and just fell in love with the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors - what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete