March 17, 2014

Love Story

Good morning! I'm a little bit out of my comfort zone today - one layer card alert!!  This card is my first single layer card and, well, it's growing on me.  I'm taking Clean & Simple Stamping 3: One Layer Cards from Online Card Classes, and this card is pretty much a CASE of one of Laura Bassen's sample cards.  It's how I roll. Copy people until I'm ready to jump out of the nest.



I started with a Smooth White Card Stock A2 card, folded so that it opens to the side.  I inked up my Patterned Triangles Background in Grout Gray Ink and stamped it right on the card front.  I actually place the stamp face up on my work space and then lay the card down on top of, using my hands to press the ink onto the paper (place a sheet of computer paper over the top of the card stock to keep your hands nice and clean and pretty).  Next I added the 2 larger brush stroke images from Jumbo Abstract Art to make a nice background to my sentiment.  I overlapped the images just a bit so that the sentiment from Love Story would peek just over the top and bottom of the Berrylicious background.  After letting the paper dry for a moment, I stamped the sentiment in Black Licorice Ink and then added various ink splatter images from Abstract Art around the edges of the card, with a few strays toward the center.  There you have it. 


I will definitely be trying more one layer cards - I need to get much faster at it too!  Here are all the products I used on this card today:


Thanks so much for stopping by!




recipe -
stamps: love story (mft), jumbo abstract art (mft), abstract art (mft), patterned triangles background (mft)
paper: smooth white (mft)
ink: grout gray (mft), black licorice (mft), razzle berry (mft), cotton candy (mft), sour apple  (mft), berrylicious (mft)

2 comments:

  1. Karen this is awesome!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Great class isn't it? I made a similar CASE, too! GMTA!

    ReplyDelete