Oct 5, 2013

Verve Divas Inspiration Hop {October}

Welcome to the World Card Making Day edition of Verve's Diva Inspirations Hop! It's the 5th of the month and that means it's hopping time. Along today's hop you'll see some fresh new ideas for some beloved older sets, as well as some fantastic pairings of our latest release with existing sets. It's sure to be a treat, and we've got treats to give away, too! 


Want to win Verve's ENTIRE September Release? Jut leave comments on all of the blogs on today's hop to be entered in the drawing!

And since World Card Making Day is the official start to the holiday card making season, Verve has a 25% off sale on Christmas stamps this weekend only!


If you are following the hop, then you have arrived here from seeing the ever so fabulous, Jessica.  Glad you are back, Jess!

I'm inking up a new set for me, Take Note.  I've had my eyes on this set for a while and I finally have it in my grubby little hands!  Ha!



I started with a 5x5 card base and mixed up some Cut & Paste "Adorbs" 6x6 paper from My Mind's Eye.  I stamped the envelope image on white card stock and then cut it out by hand.  I popped it up over the pink circle and added the arrow, which I cut out using the Arrow Die.  The layout is Viva la Verve's October Week 1 Sketch.

There is so much more to see from the other Verve Divas, so be sure to stop by and see what Sankari has whipped up for you today - she is next on the hop.

And just in case you missed a Diva, here is the hop list so you can catch up:

1. Julee10. Marisa
2. Amy11. Teresa
3. Betty12. Maureen
4. Jessica13. Charmaine
5. Karen14. Christyne
6. Sankari15. Andrea
7. Sarah16. Amber
9. Susan17. Stacey {Guest}
9. Tiffany

Here are the fabulous Verve products I used on my card today:


Thanks so much for stopping by!








recipe - 
stamps: take note (verve)
paper: smooth white (mft), steel grey (mft), cut & paste "adorbs" 6x6 (my mind's eye)
ink: steel grey (mft), bubblegum (mft), electric red (mft)
accessories: arrow die (verve), pierced circle stax die-namics (mft), foam tape

69 comments:

Michelle said...

A beautiful card...... love the layering and the Cute Take Note stamps! Happy WCMD!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and papers, and that sweet envelope. Happy WCMD.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such pretty layering! Perfect for that little envelope!

Sharon said...

Such bright and fun colors - and a neat layout!

Claire Hope said...

Gorgeous card, love all the layers!
Claire xx

Kathy said...

love the little envelope and your cutting skills are excellent!

Bajalizzy said...

Love the floral print and the way you used brighter colours in the foreground to make it pop. Happy WCMD!

Sue D said...

What a sweet card--I like the papers and the arrow.

Tara said...

Beautiful! Love the mixing of the pattern papers and the little envelope is so sweet!

cm said...

Stunning card - and the envelope...swoon! Gorgeous creation, as always!!
c

Marisa said...

Darling use of this set!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable! have this set and have yet to ink up.... wonderful inspiration!!

Trisha said...

Karen, love your style. This card is great and the sentiment is the best. TFS.

Emily H said...

So cute! Love that envelope!

ScrapaDiddle said...

Love your use of the Verve die. Wonderful card!

Rosemary said...

fabulous card... love your take on the sketch!

Olena said...

Absolutely beautiful and not too complicated. Thank you for the inspiration.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Pretty card and layers of DPs. Cute little envelope. I like the way you have used the two sentiments to create one phrase.
Darbaby on SCs

Hillary Harris said...

Love your mix of paper patterns!

msdixie said...

love the pinkish woodgrain in the back! pretty card :)

Betty said...

Pretty card!! Love how the patterned papers look together!

Kari V. said...

That little arrow die is super sweet!

Lucy said...

What a lovely card!

Jill said...

Very pretty!!!

Kelly Braund said...

This is adorable!

dj said...

Sweeeeet!! loving that little arrow!!

Billie Brockwell said...

Oh my!! This is too cute. Another stamp set added to my cart today. :)

Gail said...

I love all of the layers on your card - very pretty including that tiny envelope! Thanks for the hop! Happy World Cardmaking Day!
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Alycia said...

Man, I want to be your penpal... :)

Kris B said...

Such a pretty card! Love all the patterned paper! I've been wanting this set for some time, it looks like a very versatile set! TFS

Linda Carson said...

Quite delightful! Love your use of patterned papers and design!

Karen Day said...

Bright & fun card! I've been eyeing this stamp set too...

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is gorgeous! The floral really makes it pop!

Brittany Tucker said...

Really unique card. I love all the different colors.

Glenna Anderson said...

Cute card! I love the little envelope!

Shelley C said...

I love that little envelope. Great card.

mzjluv said...

Cute card. I love the envelope.

Annheidel said...

Sweet card! Love the arrow.

Tangii said...

TOTALLY in {whatever is deeper than love}! how do I not have this set?! I have that arrow die too, I think it has some magical powers cause I use it.. A LOT! lol GREAT card!!!

Christine said...

I have always admired the little envelope in the take note set. Love what you have done with it here! The bright colors set it off well.

Christine said...

I have always admired the little envelope in the take note set. Love what you have done with it here! The bright colors set it off well.

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, I knew I should have bought that darling set too, I put it in and took it out of my cart a dozen times.

Beverly Perdue said...

Pretty card -- love that stamp set! I've got to have that arrow die! Thanks for sharing.

D- said...

I LOVE your beautiful card. I have that set on my wish list, too. Now I want it even more. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Ravengirl said...

Love this card! Amazing sketch too!

Brian Naus said...

Very cute!
-Jen Naus

zehra said...

Beautiful card, love the set

Sarah Gough said...

Oh I love this! That paper combo is gorgeous! pretty sure I just ordered that collection ( I obviously bought too much!)

Janet Zeppa said...

That little envelope is so cute!

Jess Willison said...

Great card! Love the colours!

BonnieC said...

Great mix of patterns and colors!

Elizabeth Sarkisyan said...

Beautiful card and love the colors!! Also great take on the sketch.

Rhonda Miller said...

Cute card ... Love the stamp set you used,

Carole said...

Super cute card and I love all the layering.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Great card, Karen! It reminds me that I need to catch up on the October sketches!! :)

JD Shelton said...

Super cute! Love the layering and the pattern papers you chose. Love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun mix of patterns and layers, one of my favorite sets here too.

Donna Oates said...

I like the way, too, that you did the layering for depth and texture. Great card and I can see it really cheering up anybody who receives it!

bluemoonstitch said...

I Love your card!!! I adore the little envelope on it and the paper combo you used!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This card would be a wonderful surprise in someone's mailbox.

Tammy H said...

Love the eclectic combinations of patterns on this card. Very nice.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Yay I love this stand the papers you used!

Cindi Flass said...

Beautiful card!

Kigz said...

Oh dear, I could not find where to comment on Jessica's blog. I loved her eclectic card, though! I adore how you used the arrow! Super mix of pattern papers, Karen!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful design and love how you mixed and matched the papers.

loulou said...

Gorgeous card. I love your combination of patterned papers.

Angel Shifflett said...

Lovin' the blog hop!! And I love the country feel to this card! It is beautiful!! Love the stamps and the colors! Would love to add to my Verve Collection!

KimCreate said...

Love this card. The paper is so pretty as is how you placed the stamped items!

Stacey Schafer said...

so darling, Karen!