January 22, 2009

color inspiration 39


Hello again! It's time for Kristina's color inspiration this week and it's a DOOZIE! Basic Black, Real Red, Green Galore, So Saffron, and Whisper White. Wow... I don't think I've used Green Galore in a looooong time. I was just slightly frightened by the thought of putting this bright green on a card, but then I thought, hey - what a perfect opportunity to get rid of some Green Galore buttons I have. Sweet!!! See, you always have to try and find the positive in a situation... haha! Somehow I felt the need to make a 'get better' card since we've all been so sick (but on the mend!) and this little stamp is so perfect! It's from Event Full, which I believe is an old hostess set. I hope you like it - it's growing on me and I'm so happy I stuck it out using the Green Galore. Reminds me of Sour Apple candy actually, so it can't be all that bad, right?

Karen



recipe -
stamps: event full
ink: staz-on black, real red
paper: basic black, so saffron, gable green, stampers select white (papertrey, ink) cardstock, so saffron prints dsp
accessories: real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, bold brights buttons, blender pens, stampin dimensionals, mini glue dots, nestabilities die templates

20 comments:

  1. This certainly was a "doozie" of a mix - but you've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card. Awesome job on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it as always beautiful even if the colours are not my favourite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on this challenge. That Green Galore scared me as well! ;) And thanks for reminding me that I have some of those Green Galore buttons stashed away somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! I just couldn't get Green Galore to work for me so I cheated a bit and opted for Old Olive instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, but striking card. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I love the way you used the colors and I love your layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card for the challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, beautiful interpretaion of kw's color challenge!!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!! That little hanger is one of my favorite stamps!!! Love your take on the challenge ...you certainly rose to the occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen I love everything about your card..it is awesome and one I will probably use in class one of these days! TFS ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love, love, love the card and the color combo! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job with this color combo. Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a pretty colour combo. Love the green even though I also am scared of it...lol Your card rocks Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen, I like your card so much. TFS

    ReplyDelete