September 29, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch 194

Good morning!!  It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of this post to enter your card. The links will close in two weeks, next Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time). Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC194 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.


OK, so yeah... It's been more than 2 weeks since I've actually stamped, let alone post on my blog, so my apologies for the looooong absence.  I felt the need for a little R&R and family time.  This time of year takes it out of me - soccer, dance, back to school, homework, dance, dance, more dance.  But I'm used to the routine now and I'm back in the saddle!  Yay!

I made a card using this adorable Pure Innocence It's a Sign set from My Favorite Things.  I didn't get a chance to ink her up during the September release, so I thought it was way past time to use her.



I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black on X-Press It Blending Card Stock and then paper pieced the chalk board with Kraft and Black Licorice Card Stock.  I used the chevron pattern from Washi Patterns in Black Licorice Ink to decorate her skirt and then colored the rest of her with Copic Markers.  I think it looks stinkin' adorable!  I need to remember that pattern skirt for another time.


The apple is cut out in Electric Red Card Stock with the Red Delicious Die-namics set and then I accented the leaves and stem in Sour Apple and Hot Fudge Card Stock.  I stamped some LJD Darling Dots in Electric Red Ink directly on the apple and then added some curly-q stitching from LJD Hearts & Stitches on the Smooth White panel underneath.

Be sure to stop by and see what the Sweet Sunday Stampers have whipped up for you today:
You can find these products waiting for you in the MFT Boutique:


Thanks for stopping by!








recipe - 
stamps: pi it's a sign (mft), ljd hearts & stitches (mft), ljd darling dots (mft), washi patterns (mft), lld border it mod borders (mft)
paper: x-press it blending, smooth white (mft), black licorice (mft), kraft (mft), electric red (mft), sour apple (mft), berrylicious (mft)
ink: black licorice (mft), electric red (mft), sweet tooth (mft)
accessories: copic markers, red delicious die-namics (mft), foam tape

 

16 comments:

  1. HOLY CUTENESS!!!! Love the washi stamp for the skirt!!!
    This card is super cute and I'm glad you are back to stamping!! I completely agree about this time of year and I have been getting my butt kicked by my very own schedule every week for 3 straight weeks!! Time to take a step back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen she is so sweet LOVE her skirt - Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your card is adorable. Love the PI stamp. My daughter is now 21 and off at college so believe there is a time that you actually miss the dance, but I remember the schedule of run one to dance fix a meal and run the other off to football then make a another meal for the first and back and forth. Now they drive themselves, text and are off and I feel left out. My 17 year old son who is a senior I don't know his schedule because he just does his own thing. It goes too quickly, as I am looking for pics for my daughter for a culture report for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, so sweet Karen. love her chevron skirt, it's adorable. another great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you back, with a fabulous sketch once again, and some time to craft. Enjoy your little ones, even if the schedule makes life hectic; they grow up sooooo fast! Being here, there and everywhere for them: what an awesome mom you are!
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' adorable! LOVE that big polka dotted apple!!! So fun, Karen!
    Hope you had some fabulous family time....we all need that with our busy lives these day! Kudos to you for taking a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Karen! That polka dotted apple is the perfect backdrop for the Pure Innocence girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling! Love the die cut apple as your back drop for your adorable image! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is absolutely precious! Love all of the different patterns. I know how you feel girl with the craziness of schedules. I don't know how you do it. I only have one and I feel like I'm losing my mind half the time! Hang in there! Glad to see you back to posting/creating again. And I can't wait to see the next rounds of sketches!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, love that PI and the big apple die is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SWOONING over this!! From her chevron skirt (OMG...I am SO doing that!), the colors, the stamping on the apple...you knocked this one out of the park! LOVE this!!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so adorable. Love your coloring and how you used the big apple accent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are brilliant! Love that big red apple with this little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome sketch and gorgeous card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is WONDERFUL! I love that giant red apple against the blue... And your coloring is PERFECT! Have a good week Karen! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe so sweet and charming, beautiful design and amazing coloring, striking card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete