May 27, 2012

TSG158 | Cork It!

Hello!  It's my turn to host the weekly challenge over at There She Goes and this week I've decided to Cork It!  I'm challenging you to make a card or project using cork - any kind of cork: cork board, wine bottle cork, cork paper (check out the Note to Self papers from Echo Park!), cork letters, and now I feel like I'm in Forest Gump.  Anyway...  here's the deal - once you've made your card or project, hop on over to the TSG Blog and link up your post on gallery photo with the Inlinkz button there and you'll be entered in a prize drawing!

For my card, I'm using Cute as a Button, a new set just released this weekend!



I started with a 4.25" card base and used this sketch from Got Sketch.  Since chevron stripes are super trendy right now, I thought I'd make some chevrons from cork and go from there.  I picked up a couple sheets of thin cork board at Michaels and ran a piece through the Vagabond with the Chevron Stripes Die-namics from MFT.   The patterned papers are Farmhouse 8x8 from October Afternoon and I used some scraps to make the little flower, complete with button center.  I loved working with cork and I hope you'll join in on the fun!  What a fun way to add texture to your card, eh?

Thanks so much for stopping by - 








recipe - 
stamp: cute as a button (tsg)
paper: wild cherry (mft), old olive (su!), choice buttercream (te), farmhouse 8x8 (october afternoon)
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: cork sheet, neutrals buttons (su!), cappuccino twine (mft), mix & match banners die-namics (mft), first place award ribbon die-namics (mft), beautiful blooms 2 set 1 (pti), chevron stripes die-namics (mft), sewing machine, thread, foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Neat card! Love the sketch, colors, flower, and cork. I have some thin craft cork that I haven't gotten out for a while now. Thanks for challenging me to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Gabby said. I have tons of cork and never use it. Love the card and the mix of products from so many different companies! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it! I love the layering and the design. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew cute!!! I love the cork :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete