May 25, 2012

Seize the Cupcake!

***This is my second post today.  Please scroll down or click here to see my TSG post***

Good morning!  It's fabulous Friday and the kids last day of school was yesterday, so I'm celebrating!  I made a card using Taylor's TESC158 and we're celebrating the end of an era - Taylor is hanging up her TESC hat and the challenge is going out with a bang!  Be sure to hop on over to Taylor's Blog for all the juicy details.

Here is one of the challenge sketches this week:

 
For my challenge card, I used Build a Treat stamps and Build a Treat Tops & Bottoms Dies.



I started by cutting out the cupcake using the Build a Treat Tops & Bottoms Dies from Nostalgia 6x6 papers from My Mind's Eye, and then I layered the cupcake bottom over the sentiment flag.  The sentiment is stamped in Colorbox Dark Brown Liquid Chalk.  Before I added the topper, I added some stitching on the bottom where the cupcake wrapper wrinkles would be.  Then I popped the topper up on foam tape.  The scallops are made using the Small Scallop Border and then I added some Teal Pearls on the cupcake frosting.

Here are the Taylored Dies I used today:










recipe - 
stamps: build a treat (te)
paper: hot fudge (mft), kraft (te), nostalgia 6x6 (my mind's eye)
ink: colorbox dark brown
accessories: build a treat tops & bottoms/small scallop border dies (te), teal pearls (kaisercraft), circle spellbinders dies, sewing machine, thread, foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love the colors and papers. That cupcake looks so yummy. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a happy card! I love it! Happy weekend Karen! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea, "Seize the Cupcake" should be my new motto!

    ReplyDelete