September 21, 2011

Taylored Expressions Blast From the Past Blog Hop


Good morning!  It's time for the September edition of Blast From the Past and this month's theme is Birth Day or Birthday.  I went with Birthday and this sweet cake from Make a Wish.  I stamped the image in Memento Rich Cocoa and then paper pieced it with papers from Lime Twist Out of the Blue by My Mind's Eye.  I used the challenge sketch created by Sankari Wegman.  I loved this sketch and I may have gone a little crazy with all the little elements, but you know, is a 6-year-old really going to care?!  haha!  I added some Clear Twinkles and Red Rhinestones to make the card more Bedazzled.  I think it turned out pretty cute.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


recipe -
stamps: make a wish (taylored expressions)
paper: ivy (bazzill), night of navy (su!), choice snow white (taylored expressions) cardstock, lime twist out of the blue (my mind's eye)
ink: memento rich cocoa
accessories: copic marker (R29), clear twinkles (taylored expressions), red rhinestones (kaisercraft), star border die (taylored expressions), seeing stars dies (taylored expressions), circle spellbinders, foam tape

21 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Karen. I love the colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many different patterns did you use?! And they look so perfect together - GENIUS, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love all the different patterns... Really great

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet, Karen! Love the pieced cake and the fab stars and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Awesome paper piecing and fabulous mixing of patterns and texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to receive this card - great color choices and the stars just top it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with these papers! Amazing card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i absolutely love your paper pieced cake! amazing card-the 6 yo will definitely think this is a cool one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Karen! I love how you used the star border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the sketch -- love the strips of stars~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute cake and I'm lovin all the stars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen, this is such a lovely birthday card!! Gorgeous paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The star strips are such a fun element! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your bold colors, Karen! Absolutely adorable! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I love the stars on the diagonal, and the way each word is matted in the sentiment!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderfully festive card! I like the way you used the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great BD card!!
    love the bold and fun colors!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good gracious girl you have been busy! This is stunning! I love the papers and the star strips... those are too cool. LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. really great card - love all those colors & dp!

    ReplyDelete