January 30, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 102


Good morning - It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Here is the deal: make a card with this layout and use the InLinkz button down at the very end of this post to enter your card. The links will close on Friday at 10 PM (Mountain Time), and I'll randomly select one card to feature on my blog on Saturday. So, as long as your card is linked by 10 PM Friday, your card will be in the drawing. Be sure to link directly to the blog post or gallery image which features your card. You may post a picture of the sketch on your blog, but please save the image to your computer first. Use the keyword SSSC102 if you plan to post your card in an online gallery.

You are not even going to believe it - these little panels in the background?  Yeah, they are different sizes, right?  So in my random measurement on my paper, I ended up cutting them all equal.  What?  I can't cut a rectangle into equal thirds when I try, so why the heck did it happen when I threw caution to the wind?  Hmm...  I'm using a couple different stamp sets today from Taylored Expressions - the flowers are from Discover Your Wings, the butterfly (and butterfly die) from New Beginnings, and the sentiment from Garden Party Blooms.  You know, a little of this, little of that.  I picked up some new Basic Grey Hopscotch paper and buttons and have been dying to use them!  I stamped the flowers in Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink and then cut the panel out with a Labels 11 Nestabilities Die.

The Sweet Sunday Stampers have amazing sketch samples to show you today, so stop on by to see:
Thanks for taking on the challenge this week! 
Karen


recipe -
stamps: discover your wings, garden party blooms, new beginnings
paper: bazzill lakeshore, bazzill aqua canvas texture, kraft cardstock, hopscotch (basic grey)
ink: dark brown, rose coral, toffee fluid chalk ink
accessories: hopscotch buttons (basic grey), chocolate grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, labels 11 nestabilities (spellbinders)

18 comments:

  1. Another great sketch this week Karen and your card is awesome! I struggled with the stinkin' rectangles too! LOL. My total Type A self finally had to print the sketch out at exactly 4.25x5.5 inches and measure the damn panels on the sketch and then just cut them exactly to get it to look right, because my random cutting just looked like crap - yours looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Karen!! Love the blue circle under the butterfly...it really pops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Karen! Love the addition of the butterfly! Thanks for posting the sketch early on FB yesterday! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!... I think we all had the same panel issues... if you could've seen me trying to figure out how to get my three panels evenly spaced with the middle one being bigger than the top and bottom one.. well!!.. you would've just shaken your head.. although I'm sure you can tell by my current waffling that I obviously over thought the whole process.. ahhahaha.

    FUN sketch AGAIN!!!>.. and of course GORGEOUS creation by yourself. LOVE the sweet butterfly on the blue... she looks beautiful.

    oohh and YES you did see a COPIC!!! Aren't you Proud!!??? :D

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Karen! I really like the color combo you used and your pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers, Karen, I love this card, it looks so springy!!! I love the littel bow and butterflies! I didn't even notice in the sketch that the BG panels were different sizes, I'm bad...mine are all the same size! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet Karen - love the butterfly. I have to tell you my panels ended up all the same size too; clearly I didn't look closely enough at your awesome sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this sketch!! Will be using it again. The cards are gorgeous.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome sketch! I can;t wait to post a card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the sketch - thanks for sharing. And I too didn't notice that the panels were supposed to be different sizes...thank goodness this wasn't a test!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card! I'm going to have to make time for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for a fun sketch Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your sketches!! Have successfully done 2. Looking forward to the next one. Love your card!! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    Michele
    http://fishmememoriesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sketch! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sketch! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen- I've admired your work from afar for quite awhile now! I too have started a picture of the day scrapbook for this year and am always inspired by your beautiful photographs! I've also seen your card sketches around blogland and finally decided to give it a try! Thanks for sharing all of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I realized when I made my card last week that it would be posting after the deadline ... here it is anyway.

    Rock Star

    ReplyDelete