August 3, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek - Day 1

It is finally time for another sneak peek for Taylored Expressions! I love it! I missed making fun little treats for you in July. Have you been anxiously waiting for new goodies from TE? Today, the Baker's Dozen is giving you a little peek at Berries & Cherries, quite possibly the most delicious set you will ever stamp with - How can you go wrong with cherries, and berries, and oh, let's see, CHOCOLATE! I'm not giving you a taste of the chocolate today - you must come back for that later, bwahahahaha! More exciting news for you - the Berries & Cherries set also comes with a coordinating Key Ingredients kit, which includes some of this delicious strawberry paper from Doodlebug {yes, even this amazingly cute glittery paper too!}, 4 strawberry brads, 5 yards of coordinating ribbon, a bottle of Ruby Red Liquid Pearls, Choice White and Prism card stock {Rose Medium, Intense Kiwi, Razzleberry Light, Suede Brown Dark, Baby Blue Medium}.



Now for the details: I stamped the cherries in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Choice White card stock and colored them in with Copic Markers (I'm getting better with all this practice, yea!) and then cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals. TIP: I cut out the stem center with a hobby blade before I cut the rest of the cherries out. The layout of the card comes from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge, TECC76 and I dressed the card up a bit by using some glitter paper and fun polka-dot organdy ribbon. To balance the card out a bit, I added a strawberry brad to the ribbon. The scallops were cut out from my Nestabilities along with their coordinating shape - I don't think I can make a card without using my Nesties!

Don't miss out on any of the sneak peek-y fun & hop on over to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has whipped up for you today.

Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Jen del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
and Taylor VanBruggen.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


recipe -
stamps: berries & cherries
ink: memento tuxedo black, copic markers
paper: berries & cherries key ingredients (see post)
accessories: berries & cherries key ingredients (see post), rectangle/scallop & circle/scallop nestabilities (spellbinders), stampin dimensionals

20 comments:

  1. love your card - the layout, coloring, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh those cherries are gorgeous! great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh DELICIOUS indeed. How cute and adorable it this, and that DP... oh my!!!! Did you say Chocolate!!!! Yes Please!!! hahahaha.

    xx SJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is simply awesome!!! how you used the dotted circle stamp with the popped out cherries!!! SO awesome! And I am with you on the necessities of nesties! LOVe your coloring and the little berry brad is SO sweet in the corner!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is total cherry perfection my friend! LOVE LOVE this layout and how it showcases the gorgeous papers! Your coloring ROCKS and I love the popped up cherries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fantastic, Karen!! LOVE this layout and like you, I cannot live w/o my Nesties. They are really one of the smartest crafting purchases I have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Karen! Love your colour and paper picks...did we all pick the same ones LOL? Perfect execution of Taylor's sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY! - What a delightful treat this card is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh KAREN! This is such a great-looking card. It's such a clean design but with such punch! I LOVE the size of the cherries in proportion to the card. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Karen! This is super cute! Love the layout, the perfect choices of DP and CS. Everything is toooo cute!

    AND I am glad I stumbled on your blog from Denise's blog a couple weeks ago. I love your sketches! I have them printed out and plan to get to them. Last week's with the circles was AMAZING! HAVE to use that one! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! This card is SUPER cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this Karen! Everything about it is just darling and I especially love where you placed the strawberry brad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so bright and fun! love the pretty DP and those great cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im sooo lovin the cherries and berries stamp set already! Your card turned out toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen - this is so cute and summery!!! Yummy cherriy card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is sooo cute, luv the sneak peak!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card, really love the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a terrific bright and cheery cherry card:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo cute, Karen! I just love how your sweet n simple style came across in this one!

    ReplyDelete