November 21, 2008

a cupcake with a challenge



Yes! I finally have a cupcake stamp to use with Taylor's cupcake challenge AND I finished the card this time - double good Friday, yes indeed. I was looking through some old supplies and I found this fun paper in my Party Pieces Simply Scrappin' kit from a couple catalogs ago. I had completely forgotten about it and I have a ton of die cuts left in it. I was going to place the cupcake directly to the patterned paper, but it got lost in all those circles, so I added a little plain background for it. Much better! I also added a little dab of diamond Stickles on the candle flame to make it stand out a bit more and add some fun sparkle.


Have a wonderful weekend!
Karen


recipe -
stamps: party hearty
ink: pumpkin pie, tempting turquiose, old olive, apricot appeal
paper: tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, apricot appeal cardstock, party pieces simply scrappin' kit
accessories: ice circle rhinestone brads, apricot grosgrain ribbon, 1" and 3/4" circle punches, circle nestibilities die template, stampin' dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Karen! I love your sweet style and enjoyed looking through the creations on your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some extra of this too. Very cute. I'll have to try it with my left overs.

    Saw that you were in the SS magazine. Congratulations on being a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN is THIS?!!!! What a GREAT card, Karen! Your design is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card...love the colors..you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I love the colors...wish that kit was still available. Your cards have such a classic and clean feel to them. I never feel like it is too much. I wish I was getting one of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards Karen! How creative to think of using a party hat for a Christmas tree in that last post. I caught your card in SS. Great job and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the ULTIMATE cupcake card. I love it so much! Congrats on being featured by Taylor.

    ReplyDelete