August 30, 2008

let the cute begin


You know, I don't think I've even inked up this stamp yet - such a shame! I love the little onesie as the 't' and the paper piecing works so well with it. Might have to make me a bunch of baby cards here! I stamped the image in basic brown and then colored the letters in with a blender pen and bashful blue ink - the onesie is stamped on some of that scrumptious Banbury paper, cut out and adhered over the original image. The little heart is colored in using a white gel pen. I love how the little plaid onesie came out - so cute! I made a girl version of this card too and you can see it in my Etsy store shortly. {it's there now}

The card comes from Beate's weekend sketch challenge this week - isn't it fun?! I love how this sketch made for a quick, fun card. Since my main image is really the sentiment, I chose to add buttons instead of the suggested sentiment. If you haven't tried out her challenges, please hop on over to her blog and check them out - that are so much fun and you can make them as layered up as you'd like, or you can keep them simple. I think that's why I like them so much. So glad she's back!

OH! BTW, Hobby Lobby is having a 50% off sale right now on the majority of their scrapbooking/paper crafting supplies, so run on over and get some deals!

Thanks so much for stopping by - have a wonderful Saturday.
Karen

recipe -
stamps: big on spring
ink: basic brown, bashful blue
paper: close to cocoa, bashful blue, whisper white cardstock, banbury dsp
accessories: white gel pen, neutrals buttons, blender pen, bashful blue stitched ribbon, rectangle hand punch, stampin dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Karen, that is so stinking cute! I love it!
    Thanks so much for playing! Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card - well done!

    ReplyDelete